If you are ordering something online that is not on your repeat prescription list, please add as much information as possible to the request box.
Patients on long-term medication and approved by their doctor for repeat prescriptions can place orders in a number of ways:
- In writing: Write down your chosen repeat medication along with your name, address and date of birth or keep the white backing with your medication on and tick what you would like to order. When you have done this please place your request in the white post box in the health centre foyer in the Main entrance.
- Online: Please use the link on the right to register for online access. This will be approved within 72 hours by one of the registration team. Once approved you can then request repeat medication items only, This will then be checked by your GP and authroised within 48 hours if appropriate.
- Voicemail: Please call 01909500266 and choose the option for requesting medication. This is for repeat medication items only.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see an in house Pharmacist at least once a year for a medication review. Please check the back of your repeat prescription which will notify you when this is due.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.