At this time of year when appointment pressure is high we may employ a locum GP, There you may be offered a locum when you ring to make an appointment.
We have a range of appointment times during the day from 08:45 to 11.30am - 2.00pm - 6.00pm extended 6.30pm - 8.00pm. Appointments can be made at the desk by telephone or online. Please try to give us as much notice as possible.
So what is extended hours and who is it available to?
- Extended access will be available between 6.30pm and 8.00pm Monday to Thursday and Saturday mornings 8.00am to 11.00am.
- The service will allow access and a 15 minute appointment with a GP during these times for patient's unable to attend during normal practice opening hours and is only for pre-booked appointments.
- Appointments will either be 'book on the day' or 48 hours in advance only.
- There will be an upper limit of appointments available and when they are gone ..they are gone.
- There will be strict criteria in respect to appointment type available;
- The guidance will be, One appointment - one issue only.
- The appointment will result in acute prescribing only.
- Repeat prescription issues will not be considered at all
- Prescription collection service will not be available.
- There will be no blood/urine/stool samples taken.
- There will be no ECG'S undertaken.
Patients with urgent problems will be seen on the same day in one of our two emergency surgeries which are run by the two duty doctors, or in the nurse triage clinics which run in conjunction with these.
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many ailments and you may be seen more quickly.
If you need telephone advice please give your number to the receptionist and she or the doctor will ring when they are free.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.